Paediatrics & NICU
Paediatrics is the branch of medicine that involves the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents. Pediatricians deals with health issues in children up to 12-15 years of age. We provide health care in a positive & cheerful environment to children, ensuring their comfort.
Neonatology is a specialized branch of pediatrics dealing with health problems of newborn babies up to 28 days of live. There will be an experienced paediatrician present during every normal delivery and caesarean section.
What is a Paediatrician ?
Pediatricians are doctors who manage the health of your child, including physical, behavior, and mental health issues. They’re trained to diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases. Pediatricians have an education that gives them special skills to take care of your child’s health. They graduated from medical school and completed a 3-year residency program in pediatrics. They only see children in their practice, so they have a lot of experience in recognizing and treating childhood illnesses and have special training in children’s health.
Pediatricians will see your child many times from birth to age 2 and once a year from ages 2 to 5 for “well-child visits.” After age 5, your pediatrician will likely continue to see your child every year for annual checkups. They’re also the first person to call whenever your child is sick.
To take care of your child, your pediatrician will:
- Do physical exams
- Give your child vaccinations
- Make sure she meets milestones in growth, behavior, and skills
- Diagnose and treat your child’s illnesses, infections, injuries, and other health problems
- Give you information about your child’s health, safety, nutrition, and fitness needs
- Answer your questions about your little one’s growth and development
- Refer you to specialists if they think your child needs expert care
Treatments available at Flowrence
- OPD services
- Indoor facility
- Well Baby clinic
- Asthma clinic
- Antenatal counseling
- NICU service
- Physiotherapy for adult and MR children
- Thalessemia and genetic disorder clinis
- Clinic for malnourished and underweight children
- Dentistry department for paediatric oral health
- Growth monitoring and dietary guidance
- 24 x 7 emergency treatment facilities
- Infrastructure – Pulse oximeter, Syringe pump, phototherapy, Ventilator support, Central oxygen support, NIBP
- Vaccination centre services as per National Immunization Schedule & India Academy of Pediatrics guidelines